BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

"The Crush" (1993)

(Photo Credit)
One boring, lonely Friday night, I was flipping through my instant que on Netflix.  While there are thousands of movies on there to choose from, I personally was in the mood for one I didn't have to think too much about-- therefore, The Crush was chosen.  At first, I expected a lame flick starring Cher from Clueless, but, much to my surprise, it was actually a well-done thriller.  Alicia Silverstone plays Darian, a beautiful teenager who happens to suffer from a personality disorder or two.  She has a history of compulsive lying, obsessive tendencies, and homicidal actions.  When a handsome stranger moves into her parents' guest house, she attempts to not only stalk and seduce him, but destroy his entire life, including those he loves, as well.  It is not a traditional horror movie, but I felt compelled to mention it because it delivers thrills, scares, and plenty of 90's-riffic fun.
(Photo Credit)
The Crush is available to watch instantly on Netflix, or you can go ahead and buy it from Amazon (don't worry, I understand-- I am a Clueless fan myself).  In the meantime, look at the trailer below to see if The Crush is worth your time:



P.S. In the original script, Alicia Silverstone's character was originally named Adrian.  The screenwriter Alan Shapiro was actually stalked by a girl named Adrian and based the story off of this.  When she sued him later, he had to change the name to Darian.

0 comments: