BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 9, 2011

"Hands of the Ripper" (1971)

(Photo Credit)
When I was younger, about 8 or 9, I became fascinated with Jack the Ripper.  Before you write me off as a sadistic psycho, allow me to explain-- I was a weird kid.  I became easily obsessed with numerous things, from the steam ship Sultana (did you know this steam ship explosion in 1865 killed more people than the Titanic? Oh, I did!) to Hitchcock movies to Jack the Ripper.  Hands of the Ripper is an old-skool flick from the early 70's the attempts to combine pop psychology with true crime.  The movie focuses on a young woman who, as an infant, witnessed her father, Jack the Ripper, brutally murder her mother.  Now, a psychiatrist is convinced that she blacks out, goes into trances, and kills people, just like her father.  I bet you can guess how the rest of the film progresses, huh?
(Photo Credit)
While you can't watch Hands of the Ripper instantly on Netflix, you can order it through their mail service or go ahead and buy it on Amazon.  Before you do, however, watch the following trailer-- I must admit that it is quite good considering it's age!



P.S. Hands of the Ripper was created and produced by Hammer Films, one of the leaders of British horror movies from the 1930's until present.  This was made in their glory days, but they are currently making a comeback with The Woman in Black, a new film starring Daniel Radcliffe. They also produced Let Me In.

P.S.S. This movie singlehandedly made me afraid to eat any type of ground beef.  See if you can guess why.

0 comments: